The ILR specification states that once issued, a learner reference number should be retained by the learner for any period of study. However, in some instances the learner reference number may be inadvertently changed in an ILR return resulting in duplicate and incorrect learner reference numbers being entered in the ILR.
Why is this process in place?
If providers do not take action to correct these inaccuracies, their Qualification Success Rate reports could be adversely affected. This simple process has been designed to support providers in assuring the quality of their data submitted in the ILR by eliminating duplicate and incorrect Learner Reference Numbers.
Important information to note before notifying of any L03 changes
- The Data Service will operate this process regularly before key QSR publication dates and communicate the relevant deadlines for processing of L03 changes.
- Providers must use the file name specified in the Guidance . If this is not used, providers will be asked to resubmit the form.
- Correctly completed forms received by the L03 change notification deadlines will be used by the Data Service to account for L03 changes in the first Qualification Success Rate reports to be published after the deadline.
- Incorrectly completed forms will be rejected. The Data Service will notify providers and they will be asked to resubmit a corrected form by the deadline.
- Late notification will not be accounted for until the subsequent period’s Qualification Success Rates are published.
- Providers are advised to submit any L03 changes well in advance of the change notification deadline to ensure that the information is accounted for in their Qualification Success Rate reports at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Providers should keep a copy of the L03 change information they submit.
- Providers should resubmit all changed records each time they notify the Data Service of ‘new’ L03 changes.
L03 Mapping form and guidance: Excel File 464KB
click here to subscribe to