Region of the Funding LSC Data Definition 2009/2010
1. Identify the region in which the funding LSC is located.
2. This field classifies the region in which the funding LSC is located and is used in travel to learn analysis.
- ILR (LR)
- ILR (UfI)
- ILR (ER)
- ILR (ESF SR)
- ILR (ASL)
3. The following variables are used as source data for the calculation of Region of the funding LSC.
||LSC number of funding LSC
||Learner DLF Standard File|
DERIVED VARIABLES AND DATASETS
4. The definition produces the following derived variable(s)
||L25 REG Region of the Funding LSC
||Aims Standard File|
5. The table below outlines the categories for L25_REG
||National Employer Service|
||East of England|
||Yorkshire and the Humber|
||National Apprenticeship Service|
6. The LSC number of the local LSC which funds the learner (L25) is grouped under one of the regions (L25_REG): National Employer Service (NC), East (EE), East Midlands (EM), Greater London (GL), North East (NE), North West (NW), South East (SE), South West (SW), West Midlands (WM), Yorkshire & Humberside (YH), National Office (NO) and No funding LSC (NA).
Region of the Funding LSC Sample Code
1. The following SPSS code is provided to illustrate the Region of the Funding LSC data definition.
2. The following table shows the steps required to derive L25_REG
||Action/Action if true
||Action if false|
||Go to 2.|
||Go to 3.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (60 to 110)
||Go to 4.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (10 to 50)
||Go to 5.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (120 to 160)
||Go to 6.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (170 to 200)
||Go to 7.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (210 to 250)
||Go to 8.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (260 to 310)
||Go to 9.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (320 to 370)
||Go to 10.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (380 to 430)
||Go to 11.|
||If L25 is in the inclusive range (440 to 470)
||Go to 12.|
||Go to 13.|
||If no value in L25
3. The following SPSS code illustrates how to derive L25_REG.
IF L25=2 L25_REG='NC'.
IF L25=3 L25 REG-'NS'.
IF RANGE(L25, 60, 110) L25_REG='EE'.
IF RANGE(L25, 10, 50) L25_REG='EM'.
IF RANGE(L25, 120, 160) L25_REG='GL'.
IF RANGE(L25, 170, 200) L25_REG='NE'.
IF RANGE(L25, 210, 250) L25_REG='NW'.
IF RANGE(L25, 260, 310) L25_REG='SE'.
IF RANGE(L25, 320, 370) L25_REG='SW'.
IF RANGE(L25, 380, 430) L25_REG='WM'.
IF RANGE(L25, 440, 470) L25_REG='YH'.
IF L25=490 L25_REG='NO'.
IF MISSING(L25) OR L25=-1 L25_REG='NA'.
VARIABLE LABELS L25_REG ‘L25_REG Region of the funding LLSC’.
Date last modified: 23rd July 2009