In Year Qualifying SLN Period Data Definition 2010/11
1. Aim in year qualifying SLN period.
2. To identify aims that pass the qualifying period in year to be eligible to generate Standard Learner Number (SLN).
These variables were defined in the MI views specification in 2008/09. New variables have been added to display the expected payments and SLN for the full year.
Note that these variables should still be calculated for the entitlement aims produced by the funding calculation, which are identified by A05=99.
3. The following variables are used as source data for the calculation of In Year Qualifying SLN Period.
||SLN Start Indicator
||ILR_LR_FUNDING_AIM and ILR_ER_FUNDING_AIM tables from the funding calculation|
DERIVED VARIABLES AND DATASETS
4. The definition produces the following Derived Variables
||A_IY_QUALIFYING_SLN_PERIOD Aim Passes In Year Qualifying Period to be Eligible to Generate SLN
||Aims Standard File|
5. The table below outlines the categories for A_IY_QUALIFYING_SLN_PERIOD
6. The aim level in year qualifying SLN period flag is matched in from the Demand Led Funding dataset, relevant to the collection. For further information please refer to documentation available on the Funding Policy page.
In Year Qualifying SLN Period Sample Code
1. The following SPSS code is provided to illustrate the In Year Qualifying SLN Period data definition.
2. The following table shows the steps required to derive A_IY_QUALIFYING_SLN_PERIOD
||Action/Action if true|
||Set A_IY_QUALIFYING_SLN_PERIOD= 0|
||If SLN_START (from the funding calculation output)=1
||Set A_IY_QUALIFYING_SLN_PERIOD= 1 in Aims File|
The following SQL code illustrates how to derive A_IY_QUALIFYING_SLN_PERIOD:
A.L03 , A.L01
, case when SLN_START_IND = 1 then 1 else 0 end as A_IY_QUALIFYING_SLN_PERIOD
left outer join
on A.L01 = B.L01 and A.L03 = B.L03
Date last modified: 9th August 2010