Other Provision Flag Data Definition 2009/2010
1. Indicates whether the aim is Other Provision approved for DCFS and DIUS Section 96 and 97.
2. Identifies aims or units of aims that are approved for DCFS and DIUS Section 96 and 97 and whether they are internally or externally approved other provision.
3. The following variables are used as source data for the calculation of the Other Provision Flag.
||A_FUN_ST LSC Funding Status
||A_AWARDB Awarding Body Code
DERIVED VARIABLES AND DATASETS
4. The definition produces the following derived variable(s)
||A_OPROV - Aim Other Provision
||Aims Standard File|
5. The table below outlines the categories for A_OPROV
||Aim is not Other Provision|
||Aim is Internally Certificated Other Provision|
||Aim is Externally Accredited Other Provision|
6. This groups together certain LSC Funding Status Codes (A_FUN_ST) to show whether they are aims or units of aims that are approved for DCFS and DIUS Section 96 and 97.
7. If the aims are approved then it looks at the Awarding Body (A_AWARDB) to determine whether they are internally or externally approved other provision.
Other Provision Flag Sample Code
1. The following SPSS code is provided to illustrate the Other Provision Flag data definition.
2. The following table shows the steps required to derive A_OPROV
||Action/Action if true
||Action if false|
||Set A_OPROV to 0
||Does A_FUN_ST not =1, or 2, or 3, or 6
||Go to 3
||Does A_AWARDB = None
||Set A_OPROV to 1
||Set A_OPROV to 2|
3. The following SPSS code illustrates how to derive A_OPROV.
/* Other provision. Creates DV A_OPROV
/* (LSC Note that this is different to the current definition used in the toolkit and is different to the KPMG definition).
Get file =’ Aims data set’.
SORT CASES A09.
MATCH FILES /FILE=(aims file)
/TABLE=’………………..Analytical LAD data set’
/*Create new variable at aim level.
COMPUTE A_OPROV = 0.
DO IF(NOT ANY(A_FUN_ST,'01','02','03','06')).
/*internally accredited – other provision.
IF (A_AWARDB = ‘NONE’) A_OPROV = 1.
/*externally accredited – other provision.
IF (A_AWARDB <> ‘NONE’) A_OPROV = 2.
VARIABLE LABELS A_OPROV 'A_OPROV – Aim Other Provision'.
VALUE LABELS A_OPROV
0 ‘Aim is not Other Provision’
1 ‘Aim is Internally Certificated Other Provision’
2 ‘Aim is Externally Accredited Other Provision’.
The following SQL code illustrates how to derive A_OPROV:
L01, L03, A05
, case when A_FUN_ST not in ('1','2','3','6') and A_AWARDB='None' then 1
else 0 end as A_OPROV
left outer join
on A.A09 = B.A09
Date last modified: 07th December 2009