Provider Business Definition
1. The Provider is the organisation directly funded by the LSC to provide a learning aim.
2. The term 'Provider' includes (for example):
- FE Colleges
- School Sixth Forms
- Business organisations providing work based learning
- Adult Community learning centres
3. Providers requesting funding from the LSC are required to register with the UK Register of Learning Providers (UKRLP). Providers on the register are verified and allocated a UK Provider Reference Number (UKPRN). There are over 17,000 providers currently on the register.
4. At various points of the academic year, providers in receipt of funding are required to submit information to the Individualised Learner Record (ILR) on their learners and aims for the purposes of statistical analysis.
5. Providers often work with other education and training organisations and with a wide variety of contractual arrangements. In this case, the Provider is the organisation in receipt and control of the LSC funding. Any other organisation involved in the delivery provision is referred to as a Partner Provider.
6. For more information on the UKRLP, visit the UKRLP website.
7. Information on the ILR can be found on the Information Authority website.
Last date modified: 9th February 2009