Offender Learning and Skills Service Business Definition
1. The Offender Learning and Skills Service (OLASS) is a service managed by the LSC designed to integrate offender education with mainstream academic and vocational provision.
2. The LSC took responsibility for offender learning and skills across England in 2006 via OLASS, and now manages planning, funding and delivery of the integrated Offenders Learning and Skills Service.
3. OLASS ensures that offenders have underpinning skills for life and have developed work skills to better equip them for future employment by ensuring seamless provision of education in both custodial and community settings.
4. OLASS aims to drive down the re-offending rate by 10% by 2010.
5. For further information, visit the OLASS website.
Last date modified: 11th November 2008