Data Collection from Providers
The Data Service will undertake the collection of learner and funding data from providers within a quality and schedule framework set by the information authority
. This includes the collection of:
- Learning and funding 16-plus data
- Some finance data as decided by the sector
- Survey data
- Employer data, as decided by the sector and agreed with the Department for Work and Pensions
- Qualification data, as decided by the sector and agreed with the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority
The ILR data collection portal will close at 6pm on the specified close dates, as published by the information authority in Appendix A of the ILR Specification, which can be found at: http://www.theia.org.uk/downloads/ilrdocuments.htm .
The Data Service and the information authority strongly recommend that all Providers submit their ILR returns well in advance and no later than 6pm on the close date, to enable these to be processed in time. Please be aware that no further returns will be accepted from Providers after this close date.
We work to an agreed and published governance roadmap and have data collection and survey responsibility for all current and future further education sector policy programmes. We:
- Provide the schools sector with 16-19 data collected from further education providers so they only submit data once to a single agency
- Provide the higher education sector with data obtained from further education providers
- Collate all data obtained directly and indirectly and store in a single sector repository that will allow sophisticated data analysis and dissemination
- Retain historic data based on need using industry best practice
- Carry out data collection systems and software development for operational enhancements and in response to client requests approved by the information authority
- Work with the information authority on continuous development of data validation and credibility checking processes
- Monitor and report sector-wide on data quality performance
- Process and transform collected data using published algorithms and processes so that stakeholders who wish to do so can replicate them.
Live migration of ER and ESF data 2010/11 – useful documents:
Provider Extranet: http://providers.lsc.gov.uk/
Provider Gateway: http://thegateway.skillsfundingagency.bis.gov.uk/