Preparing for the Jubilee weekend? Don't forget your R11 ILR return
We would like to remind providers that the R11 ILR return is due in on 08 June 2012. The R11 requires all providers (including colleges) to send data for ALL of their learners.
The data collected in the R11 return will be used to:
- inform quarterly national statistics in a Statistical First Release
- calculate Apprenticeships and Workplace Learning Success Rates
- produce operational MI
When submitting your ILR data, please remember to:
- ensure your ILR file has been validated and is free from errors. You may need to send your file a few days earlier than the return date, to give you time to clear any errors in your validation error report;
- check the returned Added Value Reports on the Online Data Collections (OLDC) system, to ensure that you have not had any XML errors that prevent some, or all, of the data being processed;
- send either a ‘B’ file containing just learner records with changes, or an ‘A’ file with all learners.
Please note: Providers are reminded that there is a double bank holiday on 04 and 05 June, meaning there are only 3 working days in that week before the R11 return is due. We recommend that providers try to submit their ILR return before the bank holiday weekend where possible to allow files to process and give you time to correct any errors, if applicable.
Providers are also reminded to act early to inform the Data Service of any duplicate or incorrect Learner Reference Numbers (LRN - formerly L03) in their R11 ILR return. The deadline for submitting any changes to Learner Reference Numbers is also 08 June 2012.
If you require any help with your R11 ILR file, please email the Service Desk quoting ‘R11’ in the subject header or call 0870 2670001.