2010 News Archive
Urgent action required for period 12 ILR returns for ER (including POL users)
There are currently a large number of records that will not migrate into the 2010/11 database for the start of period 1. This is of particular importance for POL users. The records will not migrate because they do not meet the new ILR data standards and validation rules for certain fields. POL users must correct the data held in POL before the period 12 return close date.
The following action must be taken before 5 August 2010, the close date for your period 12 return.
- All apprenticeship main aims must have either a valid employer number from the EDS system or contain 999999999. All Train to Gain aims must have a valid employer number. Learning aims containing text or an invalid number will be rejected and will not migrate into 2010/11
- To obtain a new employer number you will need to contact Blue Sheep on either 01242 545 346 or by emailing email@example.com
- If the learning aim is delivered by a partner or sub-contracted provider, you must enter a valid UKPRN number for this provider into field A22. If this field contains an invalid number then the learning aim will be rejected and will not migrate into 2010/11.
Known Validation Issues
- There is a known issue with one of the A44 validation rules (A44_4) that has occurred during migration testing. If you have received notification of this rule violation you will need to check that you have a valid employer number by visiting http://edrs.lsc.gov.uk. Please contact Blue Sheep on either 01242 545 346 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any login issues.
- If you have checked the employer number and it is valid, then you can disregard this error as this is likely to be a validation error on our part. No further action is needed in these cases and this issue should be resolved for migration of period 12 data and the 2010/11 data returns.
- There is a known issue with Rule A04_A14_A16_AD04_1. This rule is incorrectly giving errors in the following circumstance - if the learner started an apprenticeship programme aged 18 and then started one of the learning aims within that programme aged 19+. In this circumstance field L28 does not need to be set to "eligible for enhanced funding". Field L28 should remain coded as 99 99. This will mean that when your data is migrated into the 2010/11 database, new field A69 will be set correctly to code 99.
- Field L28 should only be set to code 15 if the learner has returned to a programme aged 19+ which they had already started aged 16-18 for example after a break in learning.
- Rule A04_A14_A16_AD04_1 will be removed for migration of period 12 data and the 2010/11 data returns.
If you have any queries please contact the Service Desk on 0870 2670001 or email email@example.com